Friday 11 May 2012

Karma Chameleon



Hey Mr. Dj put the record on…. I wanna boogy boogy!


So this is the final week… yes THE final countdown! So to keep us going until the end we have in the final lineup of teachers; Tingting from Hong Kong! 

She is simply superb! She brought the Yin in the house with her feminine touch and awesome playlists during practice! Even if my body is at its weakest… exceeded way way past the E on the fuel gage; I surprised myself whistling during Vinyasa while sweat was pouring from all pores of my body.

I haven’t mentioned this but during these past weeks, the only sound we heard in practice was either the teacher’s voice - people exhale and inhaling - those scary lion-breath and that charming oh so likeable metronome! – Which I have developed a mental blockage by now to keep me zen!


Tingting teaching partner yoga
So when Tingting put on some rhythm on her first practice… let me tell you the joy in our faces were simply priceless! It was just like having that comfort food we crave… only it was MUSIC! No calories gained just helped you loose it!


Music makes the people come together!



So Tingting is not only are fav Dj, she’s also bringing the Karma Yoga into life. Getting us familiar with the concept of bringing your yoga practice out of the mat into the world. Making us think, speak, listen and share. Through very inspiring writing and powerful-guided meditation, she is making the group come together like never before. This is something I thought we would have from the beginning but I guess you kept the best for last at Vikasa! We’re stepping out our comfort zone into people’s bubbles and staring straight into their eyes; a practice I found really interesting.


In you eyes…

My dad always told me to know a person you simply have to look into that someone’s eyes. They won’t lie to you, as it is the reflection of their soul; and I carry preciously this advice with me everyday. It’s a powerful tool you can use when you’re not sure about somebody… just look into the person’s eyes and you will know. You can find emptiness, anger, jealousy, sadness, joy, love, compassion and even fear. People will not be open to share what they’re feeling but it will be reflect in their eyes.


Micheal & Kitty

It’s a doggy dog world!


Since we’re talking about Karma and goodness and gentle eyes…. let’s go outside of my studio and let me share my anticipation for getting my yoga out of the mat and into my world! 
So most of you know my passion to help and support non-profit organizations and great causes usually involving animal welfare. Therefore before I arrived in Koh Samui, I started researching for animal rescues were I could volunteer and try to recruit other students…. 

Yes, the planner in me is way ahead! Here in Koh Samui I found a wonderful rescue called SamuiDog.Org


www.samuidog.org

Nicole and her pack













It’s basically Brigitte and her husband who founded this shelter from scratch. Poured all their earning into this beautiful organization to help and bring a positive change for Samui's stray cats & dogs.

Neutering, vaccinating them all for free and ready do be adopt without a cost!

How amazing is this?!



Typical beach dog
SamuiDog foundation also provides free dog & cat food to monks in monasteries and temples all over the island; where a lot of stray find refuge. Without this rescue Koh Samui would be filled with sick stray, famished & injured animals…

To help reduce the population of stays; they pickup every week strays and nurses them back to health and once they are fixed they release them back, identifying them with a tattooed number. Thanks to their big heart & great commitment, the stray population has come down more than 80% since 1999; their spray & neutering program is indeed very effective and keeping beaches & public area pleasant for all.

SamuiDog only run with donations with no help of the government.




When Ally met Teddy
















I fell in love with Teddy, a 4years old stray beach dog that was rescued after falling ill. When examined by DogSamui's vet, he was diagnosed with liver & kidney problems and will have to be on medication for the rest of his life. Now living at Bridgitte's home, Teddy has found peace and security and a forever loving pack he can call a family; all thanks to my sponsorship! If you wish to encourage SamuiDog Rescue or/and even sponsor one of their furry kids: please visit their website www.samuidog.org


I am so grateful to find people with such great and kind heart like Brigitte. It gives me hope for a better world and to stand up for what you believe. 

Namaste



More post to come as my YTT is coming to an end...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment