Saturday 5 May 2012

Dharma initiative



LOST

Not to worry, I’m not “lost”! But I do feel like I’m one of the characters of the show! It is a weird feeling; in the sense that every day seems so long, almost repetitive and even sometimes endless! And yet it’s surprising how time flies under my eyes without even realizing it! When you start checking your calendar, it hits you! Wow! Already 3weeks in and 1 to go!
Aaaahhhh!

 That’s why it feels like a Twilight Zone Syndrome; I count the minutes all day long and yet looking back it still seems like I just got here yesterday! Where these 21days went? They say that when you have fun, times passes more quickly… perhaps I am really having the time of my life and looking at my watch so it would stop?!  Tuuu-Tuuuu-Tuuu-Tuuuu (Twilight Zone Intro song)

 Don’t break my back… my achy breaky back!
Those who know me – can confirm that I like to take it easy and smooth.

So I knew this YTT experience at Vikasa was going to be a challenge… but as painful as my body feels; my biggest obstacle is to get motivated and move! Driven to endure more and more! I’m pushing my body to extremes in this course, even if I’m already aching from the previous days of yoga classes, I still continue! I mean my legs feel like spaghettis, arms and shoulder are sore from pushups (yeah you read it right!), wrist and ankles are ready to crack and my back... I just wish it will just kill me now! But overall I’m focused and determined, I tough it up and torture it once again! It’s my daily Achy Nagging Dance!

Hold it – Hold it; breathe in to it!

I am so tormented when we got to hold a position for X amount of time and that part of my body that is working is shaking as if it was having a convulsion! That’s where my willpower kicks in! Breathing is awesome to help me focus. Back home, I always kept my composure by letting out a big exhale – evacuating the unnecessary stress, pain or simply the negativity. Now in some demanding asanas positions, I use it to nourish my muscles and my mind to keep on going. Inhale & Exhale! Come on I can do it!



Just Plain  Goodness!

Thanks to all these self-afflictions, I do in fact feel amazing! Yes, I did warn you guys that it was weird! 
I’m stronger than ever, more confident, know my limits and my body is ROCKIN'!!!!

I get it now when my friends who hit the gym say  – it’s good pain! Gotta’cha! I remind myself of that every time I need to walk up the stairs… It’s good pain, it’s good pain! – Aouch! Aouch! Aouch!




Cosmic and beyond!



With our philosophy teacher Ram, I have learned so much about the depth of the origins of Yoga and yet we only scratched the surface! It is very interesting to have these lessons, which are just common sense but being unfolded as chronicles! 

Did you know that your life’s duty is called a Dharma? That it could be influenced by your Karma that you have accumulated in the past, present and get in the future… that everything has energy and a vibration that influences the world around you and beyond? 
Can't wait to share this with you guys when I get back! Ha! Ha! It’s nice to hear that the “Mother Theresa Syndrome” is not really a bad thing – like some career orientor has already told me once! 
It’s in fact a very exceptional thing and all your good deeds goes directly to deposit or in credit account for good & nice stuff that will happen to you! So for all of you out there like me (you know who you are!) keep it going because your good actions is never lost nor forgotten just keep yourself balance! That is where practicing yoga comes in handy! 













No comments:

Post a Comment