Friday 6 April 2012

Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction. - Doorknob from Alice in Wonderland

Down the rabbit hole we go!

Welcome to my very first blog! I read all the directions how to start a blog... but you will have to please excuse my "faux-pas" along our journey together! I'm truly a "newbie" or a "virgin blogger" set to start a daily blog of my Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) experience.

I thought I could start with a head's up and tell you a bit about myself beforehand. For those who don't know me, I am a pretty friendly gal who likes to find the positive in everything; aka Little miss sunshine! When I meet people I love to share my passions and knowledge... which brought me to engage this journey to Thailand to do my YTT and start my first blog so I can share my adventure!

Me & Yoga:
I have been practicing yoga for over 10 years but never had a regular practice... couldn't commit either due to hectic work schedule or just out of lack of time or laziness... It was on and off, one class here another one there, Yoga on DVD or even on TV sometimes! No matter what, I always came back to Yoga because I loved the great sensation of peace after each session even if I never understood why.
As I liked to say: Monkey see - Monkey do (no offense intended to primates!)

Last year I decided to put a pause in my career of 13 years in tourism and try something else. I started working in a Yoga Studio & Boutique where I rediscovered a lost pleasure to play Barbie! My title was Yoganista = Yogi-Fashionista = LOVE IT!
It's funny but true; suggesting clients clothes that flattered them and dressing them up came naturally and it felt good to do good. Customers were happy & looking great; I have to admit I had fun playing Barbie again!
(Oups! Let's get back on track now!)

During that time I was also the director for the Yoga Studio where I discovered new styles of Yoga practice. This experience made me realize how vast this Yoga world is! I got to recruit & interview all the teachers and they shared their stories which were so inspiring that with time a need started to grow inside me.
That sensation was something I always felt deep down but never gave any importance... until now!

Reading the directions:
I decided today to take a big step out of my comfort zone and follow my heart.
Looking back, I finally understand now that listening to your heart will always keep you on the right direction!
So we are setting sail to Thailand!
All Aboard!

Wherever you go, go with all your heart - Confucius



1 comment:

  1. Hey Ally -

    Have an awesome adventure. Make sure to post pics so I can experience the beautiful landscape too!

    From the other Alyson in Yoga-Wonder-Land

    www.rentedbodiesyoga.blog.com

    ReplyDelete