Wednesday 25 April 2012

Body & Mind Conditioner not available in store



Hair Frizz is the least of my problems!


Did I mention the humidity in my earlier posts? No need of a Weather Network here! You just need to open the door and realize that everyday is hot-sticky & of course humid! No surprise but it’s always a shock when you step out of your a/c room! So let me tell you, having a bad hair day while doing your YTT is one of the most distant thought you can have while in class. I know! It’s very surprising coming from Miss perfectionist herself! How can someone do Vinyasa practice for hours in this heat... and still look good? Just breathing is hard enough! Starting off every morning with Pranayama (breathing exercise) I'm already starting to sweat!
New perspective of view of Yoga classes
So how to look good while sweating like a pig? My answer is: you can't look good because you need to focus on feeling good - inside! That's how I perceive it. The high level classes are there to challenge us and condition your body and mind. Pushing myself and trying my hardest to keep up with some crazy poses, that sometimes I wonder who came up with that s****... well it's the best reward I can give myself! After this hard work, an amazing sensation of wellness and peace invades your whole body and when you're in Savasana relaxation (pose) is just like having a massage of goodness... without the touching. It's that feeling that is so unexplainable and yet everyone knows what I’m talking about… if not just join the class!


Teachers are students too at Vikasa

George & Kosta refreshing their knowledge of anatomy with Michelle's class
Ram is being pointed out some knee problems!
Our lineup of teachers is great! We have the chance to have various experts to share with us their knowledge! That is why I chose this place; because every each one of them has their own skills. Therefore when one teacher gets in front the others joins the class… this is Vikasa – the evolution of Yoga … and oneself.
So let me introduce you are wonderful professors! Drum rolls please!

To start we have the incredible Kosta, director of the studio. He comes from a martial arts background; he’s remarkable to develop the core and gets you moving in his class! He is the image of Vikasa; evolution of Yoga, his story is really inspiring! He is the "extra-strength of the conditioners” and the reason that at the end of this I’ll have 6 pack! He does our evening practice and after we survive we can eat! Yup! perfect motivation!

Kosta and his perfect body stretched out just for us



Is it a bird, a plane..no it's Kosta!

Kosta & George getting us ready for the morning Pranayama practice


George headstand & tibetain bowl
George is the 2nd asana teacher and perfect example of a yogi; zen and enlighten – at all times! He warms us up quite nicely in the morning practice with amazing flows and teaches the fundamentals of being a yoga teacher. He explains with such a natural ease and is very in tune with us, his students. He's really a remarkable teacher, I really love his class and it’s perfect to start the day with his wonderful energy!



















Vikasa YTT 2012 - Sanskrit class
Reading Sanskrit with Ram
Ram is from Toronto and is our Sanskrit and Yoga Philosopher expert. I’m literally captivated by everything he teaches us and I’m so grateful to have him as a professor. I got a taste of the beautiful Sanskrit language and would love to continue studying it once I finish the course. (http://www.aksharayoga.com/). I'm trying to get him to plan some Sanskrit workshop in Montreal, as there’s no one with that expertise in our area! (plans, plans plans!). It shows he truly loves to share his knowledge, he gave up a comfortable lifestyle to pursue his true passion; the ancient language of wisdom – Sanskrit. Bravo!
Michelle teaching us everybody is different

Michelle is our anatomy teacher and let me tell you she knows her stuff! She’s amazing, explains everything in details takes students and uses them like example (or guinea pigs)! She’s serious and yet hilarious; what a character! You simply can't not love her!






Rethabile is an example of perfect body - as per Michelle
After her classes, my knowledge of the human body and postures is so enhance that I see people differently! The movements or how they stand ... it is so interesting! I actually learned so much about myself… She pointed out (yes, as one of her guinea pigs!) that I have hyper mobility in both SI joints, knees and elbows; meaning I am very flexible naturally! Although it seems like amazing news… it’s actually now more difficult to do the poses! Rehabilitate all my postures so I don’t block my knees, elbows or compress too much my lower back... it's hard work to restart learning yoga poses all over while protecting my joints. She took my asanas into a new level!





Tingting
We are missing Tingting – our last Yoga professor who will be showing us a different approach to teach classes and will also talk about Karma Yoga. Something I can’t wait to do! More on Tingting coming soon!



Love this quote!



No comments:

Post a Comment