Sunday 22 April 2012

Vikasa es su Casa



There's no place like

Welcome to Vikasa Yoga Studio

On my arrival, in the beautiful island of Koh Samui I was taken to Vikasa Yoga Studio (evolutionofyoga.com/about-us/). This is the Yoga Studio where I will be spending the next 30days learning and pushing my limits – getting the real mental and physical challenge I needed. 

It's with a refreshing coconut juice straight out of the coconut that I was given a tour. 
Oh yessss! Pure joy!



The place is simply beautiful and you felt a great energy right away! I was relieved and so excited to be finally HERE!
Vikasa Garden Gazebos



Garden Yoga Studio
Vikasa has a  superb garden with bamboo gazebos where you can relax or enjoy your meal. It leads you to the 1st floor studio were smaller group classes can take place.  


Our classes will be on the second floor of the studio; which is an open concept – or more like an outdoor studio with a roof in other words! It’s great for the fresh air and luminosity we sometimes need when we’re looking for extra energy during asanas practice (postures). Just don’t forget to wear some mosquito repellent; they just love my sweet blood!



2nd floor Yoga Studio (our studio)


The reception is on the main floor, so is the kitchen, showers, toilets, changing rooms and lounge-dining area.


 Beautiful statues enhances the serenity of this place. You feel so zen just by walking in!



Here are some happy faces hanging out at Vikasa's lounge

I have to say I really love this place. Specially the kitchen! I've met everyone from the staff and their are sooooo talented and nice! For example Valerie (on picture) is the raw chef and makes the most superb vegan desserts and cookies! I am her ultimate favorite fan! The Mocha “Cheescake” is to die for! And her Passionfruit-mango pie tastes like pure heaven! What to say about her amazing cashew cookies?! Simply divine and they're healthy and delish! Mmmmm!
Kosta holding fish & Valerie presenting desserts
Oh! Ok, back to my story! After my visit of the Vikasa Studio, I was later dropped off at my very own condo where I had a King bed waiting just for moi! Ouh la la! 
The condo buildings were my fellow students & I are staying is quite nice and it’s only 5mins away from Vikasa. We have cable TV, sofa, dinning table fridge and freezer (where I keep my precious Mr. Freezes)! Each condo has a balcony; mine faces the mountain. I wake up every morning with the sound of a wild rooster reminding me that I'm not on vacation! Get ready for school young lady!



This journey has just began!

Over the next couple of days, I've met amazing people with whom we will share so much growth and I am certain they will remain in my life and heart forever! 

For the next 30days we will be learning and growing together. Even if we are from different parts of the world and different backgrounds, we have one thing in common: we all came here for the same reason, to learn and evolve.
















3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Aline, it looks amazing! Can't wait to read more about your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures...It must be amazing being in this beautiful country!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Aline! J'adore ton blog il est génial!
    Continue...je te suis... bisous

    ReplyDelete